Bridge Victoria embraces the activities associated with running bridge for affiliated clubs in Victoria. It is managed by the Bridge Victoria Operations Committee (BVOC) whose members are elected from clubs affiliated in Victoria. BVOC reports to the Board of the VBA Council, the governance body for bridge in Victoria.
BVOC represents over 65 Affiliated Clubs and almost 5000 players in Victoria. This committee, which will be run by a group of representatives from across Victoria, will manage state operations and direct new initiatives across the state.
The Inaugural meeting BVOC was held on 2nd May 2023. The charter and priorities for 2023 cover:
- Promoting the game of bridge throughout Victoria and to foster interest in the game
- Running state bridge activities within Victoria, and
- Supporting and assisting affiliated bridge clubs.
BVOC agreed the current committee will be in place till December 2023, when a new process for electing members democratically will be established.
State Operations will be managed by:
- Bridge Victoria Operations Committee (BVOC)
- BV State Manager
- Various sub-committees reporting into BVOC
- All regions and affiliated clubs
There are over 65 affiliated clubs throughout Victoria offering:
- Regular masterpointed play sessions
- Weekend Congress Events throughout the year
Bridge Victoria aims to promote Bridge within Victoria by enabling:
- Advice and support to affiliated clubs
- Directing and teaching seminars
- Mentoring and recruiting new directors and teachers.
- Assistance to new and emerging clubs
- Starter Pack for newly affiliated clubs
Governance of Bridge Victoria and how it works with the Victorian Bridge Association.
For more information, please visit vba.asn.au